Sunday, August 19, 2007

my garden

by my window, i have put several plants which i planted in old bowls and plates. i have taken some soil from a fellow volunteer's placement when i visited their greenhouse somewhere in the ger districts of the city. the plants were courtesy of friends - one former volunteer gave me her geranium, aloe vera and tiger plants when she was leaving mongolia, a volunteer friend for a church organization spared me some mayana cuttings from his workplace, a colleague gave me an aloe vera cutting from his home, and some spider plants i got from my office.

a good friend left with me some stones which i accessorized on my pots and plants. i have added a terra cotta ceramic mug and buddha as a breaker in the cluster.

the plants are very healthy. they face the morning sun. in the winter i water them once or twice a week but now in the summer it is done almost everyday. since i have transferred the geranium in a bigger pot, it has grown bigger and flowered in bloom. i have replanted my mayanas which are now very robust and sturdy.

i have sown some chillis and are now in a basket bowl. the tips i have already plucked for some tinola (chicken stew) cravings. the leaves add great flavor to the stock and to the dish as a whole.

i still have some other plants placed around my flat. i have even put some inside my bathroom. well, it is my home gardening if you can call that.

No comments: