Monday, November 27, 2006

to the edelweiss


(in Manzhir)
by joe

what a beauty
i thought
you had.
yet the cotton-like
delicateness
of your white
petals
caught me
unaware
of the symbol
you have.
eternal love
i was told
is what
you mean.
are you
for lovers
wanting more?


a girl i met
caught my eyes.
she is as
delicate
and pure
as you
i thought.
wrong i was.
i stumbled.
love (maybe)
it was
not.
but here
i kept thinking
of her smile
which struck me
- haunting
my memories
like the ruins
where i first
plucked you
from the
steppes
i walked.
she is
just like you
i want
and more.
i have
fallen
for that smile.
she stays
in my dreams
i would not
dare
to wake up from.
i wish
she will be
there
as you are
in the eternity
of my consciousness.
i wish
i can have her
just like you
even
for a moment
not just
in my dreams.


picture courtesy of www.scenequest.co.uk



No comments: